If your smile isn’t perfect, you have many options for improvement and correction. Dental veneers are one of many choices offered at New Look Dental, under the expert supervision of premiere certified Lumineers dentist Dr. Lousine Kirakosian. And depending upon your specific needs, DENMAT Lumineers may be an ideal decision for you.
What Are Lumineers?
Lumineers are an especially thin type of dental veneer used to conceal imperfections in one or more teeth. They are made of stain-resistant porcelain, and can offer you a highly flattering, natural-looking correction.
How Are Lumineers Different From Traditional Porcelain Veneers?
They are thinner—about the thickness of a contact lens. Lumineers may be safely applied directly on top of an existing dental restorations.
More Benefits Of Lumineers:
- Healthy tooth structure is preserved
- Minimal pain and sensitivity—including the fact that the porcelain material is often less irritating to gums than resin (plastic) options
- No shots or anesthesia needed
- No need for acrylic temporaries
- You may be able to enjoy your new Lumineers smile after just a couple of visits!
Why You May Want Lumineers:
- Gaps or irregular spaces between teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Discolored or stained teeth
- A break, chip, or unattractive wear affecting one or more teeth
Are Lumineers For Everyone?
No dental restoration technique is perfect for everyone. This is where the expertise of New Look Dental becomes so important. Because a Lumineer often is placed over an existing restoration already in your mouth, the size and shape of the existing restoration must be considered. Unlike a traditional porcelain veneer, preparation for the placement of a Lumineer does not include reduction of the current restoration that’s already in place. If your current dental work is already large in size, Lumineers may not be right for you, because the effect would look too bulky. Dr. Kirakosian will advise you on all options and help you make the best, most flattering choice.
Here’s How It Works:
Visit 1: Consultation & planning
- We’ll meet with you and discuss all options for dental restoration.
- Photos and dental impressions are taken and sent to the authorized laboratory where your Lumineers will be custom-made.
- See how you’ll soon look with a high-tech LumiSmile preview!
- New Look Dental will let you know when your Lumineers have been made, and arrive at our office. Then, it’s time for your second visit.
Visit 2: Preparation & placement
- Kirakosian will test-fit each Lumineer on the proper tooth before bonding, to ensure that it’s perfect for your mouth.
- Your tooth surface will be lightly etched, to ensure a strong bond for the new veneer.
- Your Lumineers will be securely bonded into place with a durable adhesive. Then we’ll check your bite to make sure the alignment is perfect.