Single & Multiple Dental Implants
A dental implant is a durable, attractive restoration that serves as an artificial tooth root. Dental implants are placed into the jawbone using one of several methods. The implant process stimulates your natural bone growth which bonds the implant to your natural bone. For this reason, the implant offers a highly stable base for dental restoration. Each implant holds one or more prosthetic teeth.
Implants may be an attractive option to you for several reasons. You may choose to replace your current denture, bridge or crown with an implant.
What are the advantages of implants?
- Implants look like natural teeth, and because they are fixed permanently in place, are far more comfortable than a bridge, plate or partial denture. And an implant can’t slip or click, unlike a denture.
- It’s easy to floss implants, keeping your mouth healthier.
- Whether it’s a single prosthetic tooth or a grouping of replacement teeth, the implant feels secure when you eat, chew and speak. There’s nothing to remove, and you care for implants the way you care for your natural teeth, with brushing and flossing daily.
- The replacement teeth look, feel and function just like your own natural teeth.
- Because it’s bonded to your own natural bone, an implant can help maintain the strength and integrity of your jaw bone over time.