What Are Invisalign® Braces?
Invisalign® is a superior method of orthodontia designed to correct misaligned teeth without the disadvantages associated with traditional braces. With Invisalign®, the “braces” are clear plastic trays, called aligners, that are worn over teeth to move them into proper position. Multiple sets of custom-made aligners, each with incremental adjustments, gradually help patients achieve their desired smile.
The many benefits are as follows:
• Shorter Treatment Duration: In today’s fast paced culture, many choose Invisalign® due to the rapid rate of correction. Treatment with traditional style braces can take approximately two years while six months is the standard amount of time a person will wear Invisalign aligners.
• Increased Comfort: The Invisalign® SmartForce Technology exerts a low, but effective force to shift teeth, minimizing the discomfort associated with monthly adjustments. This, plus the elimination of potentially irritating metal brackets makes Invisalign® a comfortable choice.
• Improved Oral Health: Aligners can be removed to eat which facilitates brushing, flossing and helps keep breath fresh.
• Confidence Boost: The virtually undetectable clear aligners allow patients to maintain their lifestyle, while undergoing treatment, and enjoy straight teeth afterwards.
• Dietary Freedom: Patients can eat whatever foods they like, so long as they brush and replace their aligners after meals, snacks and certain beverages to keep teeth healthy and treatment plans on track.
• Fewer Office Visits: Many patients do not require monthly adjustments, allowing them more free time.
Who Is a Candidate?
While traditional bracket style braces have straightened people’s teeth since 1849, not everyone needs this type of braces anymore.
Originally, many believed Invisalign® was only for mild teeth straightening cases. However, Invisalign® now treats more complex cases such as gapped teeth, over, under and cross bites, open bites and overly crowded teeth.
Invisalign® is great for people of all age groups. Invisalign® are often the best braces for adults who want to maintain a professional appearance, but they are great for teens as well, due to their active lifestyles and desire to look good for those school photos, events and more.
How to Find Your Invisalign dentist
While many dentists, orthodontists and cosmetic dentists offer Invisalign®, find one who takes your unique face asymmetry into consideration and emphasizes functionality, too, when designing your treatment plan. It is important that your smile be in harmony with the positioning of your eyes, chin and jaw.
How much does Invisalign Cost?
While the cost of Invisalign® is similar to that of traditional braces, Invisalign braces, the comfort, and convenience, and other benefits are priceless.
New Look Dental can provide an assessment and a quote based on the degree of misalignment, expected duration of treatment period, insurance coverage, and more.
Remember, once your treatment is complete, it is imperative to wear a retainer after care to preserve your new, beautiful smile.